Felt-Wrapped Pumpkin Wreath
Learn how to make a homemade wreath for Halloween this year by making a Felt-Wrapped Pumpkin Wreath. Hang it in a window or on your front door for the trick-or-treaters. This homemade wreath is incredible simple to make and its minimalist look is absolutely adorable. You can easily adapt this DIY Halloween wreath for other seasons. Instead of orange felt, you could use red for Christmas and pastels for Easter. Decorate your home this Halloween with the cutest wreath that is very easy to make, and your neighbors won’t believe you made it yourself.
See this and more great Halloween decor ideas in our new eBook, 18 Easy DIY Halloween Projects.
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam: Wreath: 14”
- Felt: (¼ Yard) Orange and (4”x 2.5”) Black
- 4” Ribbon: Green
- Thin Ribbon: Green
- Large Button: Green
- Fabric Paint: Green
- (2) Small Beads: Black
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
1. Cut a 44” x 8” piece of orange felt. Wrap and glue the felt around the outside edge of the wreath, leaving 1” hang over at the back. Glue the overhanging felt to the back of the wreath to secure in place. Glue pleats in the felt as necessary for a tailored fit.
2. Firmly pull and stretch the felt across the front of the wreath working out the wrinkles. Glue the edge of the felt to the back of the wreath. Glue pleats in felt as needed for a snug fit.
3. To make the spider, cut four legs in each end of the black felt piece. Cut the front legs shorter than the back legs. Cut circles of orange felt large enough to wrap around each of the balls. Firmly pull and stretch the felt around the ball working out the wrinkles as you go. Glue the felt in place at the bottom of the ball. Trim off the excess felt with scissors. Glue the head to the body being sure that the glued side of each ball is at the bottom of the spider. Glue the legs to the bottom of the spider. Glue the black beads in place for the eyes.
4. Paint dots on the spider with the fabric paint and let dry. Make a small bow with the thin green ribbon and glue it the spiders head.
5. Cut a length of 4” green ribbon and glue it in a loop around the top of the wreath for the hanger/pumpkin stem. This is a good place to hide the felt seam on the wreath. Make a large bow from the ribbon and glue the green button to the center. Glue the bow to the top of the wreath. Glue the spider to the wreath.
Read NextSpiderweb Pomanders