Decorative Mesh Pumpkins
Don’t bother messing up your kitchen this year with messy pumpkin carving or risk getting your pumpkins smashed on Halloween. Make some Decorative Mesh Pumpkins instead. This is an easy holiday craft idea that you can save for next year. You can be proud that you made DIY Halloween decorations instead of buying them like everyone else. These cute mesh pumpkins will make the perfect centerpiece for your Halloween party or if you make a lot of them, you can decorate your front walk with them. Show off your craft skills with your DIY Halloween decor.
See this and more great Halloween decor ideas in our new eBook, 18 Easy DIY Halloween Projects.
- FloraCraft®: Design It:® Simple Style® Decorative Mesh: 21” Orange; Design It:® Simple Style® Decorative Mesh: 10” Dark Green
- Floral Wire
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Rotary Cutter
1. Cut five 24” pieces of the orange and green mesh. Lay the green mesh pieces centered inside the orange mesh pieces. Be sure they curl in the same direction when you lay them together.
2. Gather the ends together tightly. Join the ends together, overlapping the ends of the mesh about 3” to create a loop. Tie the ends together with wire. Repeat to create five mesh loops.
3. Tie all five loops together with wire with all the overlapping ends at the center to form the pumpkin.
4. Cut a 10” square of green mesh and roll into a tube. Tie one end together with wire and glue that end into the top of the pumpkin for the stem. Cut another 10” square of green mesh and fold the opposite corners of the square in to meet at the center of the square. Now pinch and gather at the center to create two points. Glue the pinched center next to the stem for leaves.
5. Cut longer lengths of mesh to create a larger pumpkin. The larger pumpkin shown used seven loops.