- see all comments
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
"This idea is just too cute! I have never worked with Shrinky Dink before but after seeing this, I may just try it out. Her tutorial makes it look so easy!"
"Halloween is myfavorite holiday.. I'm 43 and dress up every year"
Fall Sunflower DIY Charger Plates
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
With fabric and Mod Podge you can turn old vinyl records into gorgeous fall crafts that can be used for a fall-themed party or wedding. These Fall Sunflower DIY Charger Plates are an easy way to upcycle old records into stunning party decor! Your old vinyl albums have never looked as good as they do in these amazing autumn crafts. If you're looking for a simple way to add a little extra flair to your seasonal decor, look no further than these easy fall crafts. Your loved ones will be stunned!
Are you rushing around in search of Thanksgiving table setting ideas? Don't panic and check out our handy article: How to Set a Table for Thanksgiving + Thanksgiving Table Decor Ideas
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Old long-play vinyl record
- Orange embossed satin fabric
- Two napkins with different-sized sunflowers printed on them
- Mod Podge
- Kaisercraft bronze ink glimmer mist
- Quick-drying matte spray varnish
- 25mm thick paintbrush
- Thin paintbrush
- Standard scissors
- Small plastic bowl
- Old newspaper to protect the working area
Cut a piece of fabric that is slightly bigger than the vinyl record.
Paint a thick layer of Mod Podge over the one side of the vinyl record. Note: Keep the edges and the back of the record clean.
Carefully place the fabric onto the record, the right side of the fabric facing upwards.
Paint a layer of Mod Podge over the top of the fabric too. Then, working from the middle of the record, and from the inside towards the outside, rub out all the air bubbles from the back of the fabric. Check that the fabric sticks properly to the edges of the record.
Dry the record thoroughly with the hairdryer. Note: Use the COOL AIR option of your dryer.
Cut off any fabric that protrudes beyond the edges of the record.
Cut out different-sized sunflowers from the napkins.
Remove the bottom napkin layers from the first sunflower. Position the sunflower in the middle of the record and paint a substantial amount of Mod Podge over the top of the sunflower so that it will stick to the record. As the napkin can stretch or tear easily, it is best to start painting from the middle of the sunflower towards the sides and work in small triangles. The Mod Podge must only be applied to the top and must not run underneath the napkin. Use your finger to lightly rub out any air bubbles.
Repeat step 8 with the other sunflowers.
Use the hairdryer to dry the sunflowers, again using the cool air option.
Paint two more layers of Mod Podge over the fabric on the record. Change the direction in which the Mod Podge is applied from horizontal to vertical. Remember that after every layter of Mod Podge, the record must first be dried thoroughly with the hairdryer.
Spray some of the ink mist into the plastic bowl and use a paintbrush to apply ink mist to certain areas.
To protect the fabric and allow easy cleaning, apply one coat of the quick-drying spray varnish and allow to dry thoroughly.
Repeat steps 1-13 to make more charger plates in the same way.
All it takes is a bit of effort and basic craft materials, and you can make the perfect project to go with these charger plates: Easy Fall Entertaining Serviette Rings
Read NextDollar Store Laundry Basket Craft
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Heart Mug Rug And Coffee Cozy Gift
Let me tell you friends, I would be lost with out my fellow boss girls! I have an incredible tribe of amazing women that I owe a good… Continue reading: "Heart Mug Rug And Coffee Cozy Gift"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Brett Haylee Scarf
- Gia Afghan
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy Patriotic Sensory Bottles Diy
- Easy And Simple Filet Crochet Table Runner
- All About My Daddy Printable
- Diy Summer Planter Idea With Faux Flowers
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts