9 Fall Crafts and Fall Decorating Ideas
- see all comments
"The website is not working."
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
Fall Harvest Votives
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
You won't believe how these Fall Harvest Votives are made. The free stained glass pattern is transformed into a beautiful, decorative candle votive. This project is made using old glass beer bottles. With a glass cutter, the neck of the bottle is removed and used as a stand. This is just crazy enough to work. We love the way this glass craft comes together into a votive. Be sure to try out this tutorial so that your fall decor is on top of the "being green" trend.
• Generation Green (g2)™ Bottle Cutter
• 1 pkg. – 5oz Jennifer’s Mosaic™ Assorted Cathedral Glass Chips
• Jennifer’s Mosaic™ Wheeled Glass Nippers
• Stained Glass Foiling Tape - 1/4” Copper/Black-Lined
• Clear Silicone Adhesive
• Three long neck brown bottles
• Leaf Pattern
• Glass Cleaner
• Soft Cloth
• Votives – flameless or conventional
Read and carefully following the instructions contained within the Generation Green (g2)™ bottle cutter manual.
1. Clean and remove the labels from 3 longneck beer bottles. Measure and mark all three bottles, from the bottom one at 3 ¾”, one at 3 ½” and one at 3”. Score at marks and separate the bottles following bottle cutter instructions. Polish all at the separations.
2. Adjust the size of the pattern to fit on the side of the bottle and print (votive base). Cut out one leaf and tape it on the interior of the votive base so that the image is facing out. Continue this step on the remaining two votive bases. Set the bases side by side to view the alignment of the leaves. Once satisfied with placement of your patterns, you are ready to start applying the stained glass.
3. Nip the stained glass chips into small pieces with a wheeled glass nipper. Apply a small amount of adhesive to the back of each piece and press onto the surface of the votive base to fill the leaf pattern. Continue this process on the remaining bases. NOTE: Round objects can be challenging to mosaic. Work on a bag filled with rice or dried beans. Allow the glue to dry per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
4. Remove the patterns and tape from the inside of the votive holders. Clean all of the glass with window cleaner and dry with a soft cloth.
5. To finish the edges of the cut bottles, use copper foil tape. Pull a length of tape from the spool and remove the backing paper. Position the glass on the sticky side of the tape, centering the cut rim of the glass on the foil. Fold the foil over the rim and burnish (gently press) the tape to the glass using a fid or the edge of a pencil. This will secure the tape to glass. Apply an additional piece of foil around the rim. Apply the base band using the same technique. Burnish each application of foil. NOTE: Apply foil as shown in the photo or any other design combination. Try multiple rows, squares, diamonds, dots, or any combination thereof.©2012 Diamond Tech • Tampa, FL • 813-806-2923 • 800-937-9593 • www.diamondtechcrafts.com
6. Place the embellished votive holder on a flat surface with the open side down. Apply a bead of silicone adhesive to the bottom center. Place the neck of the bottle into the adhesive (narrow opening down) and allow to dry per the manufacturer’s instruction.
7. Once dry turn votives over, insert a candle into each holder, viola a beautiful autumn glow.
Read NextWhat a Hoot Owl Wreath
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Aug 22, 2016
These are so beautiful! These DIY votives would be great for a fall mantel!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Rustic Burlap Table Runner
There's nothing like a new table runner to change the mood of your home. This Rustic Burlap Table Runner will help you transition into… Continue reading: "Rustic Burlap Table Runner"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Fourth Of July Jokes For Kids
- Fun Summer Jokes For Kids Plus Free Printable
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Brett Haylee Scarf
- Gia Afghan
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy Patriotic Sensory Bottles Diy
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts