Welcome Sign for Valentine's Day
Greet your visitors with love this Valentine's Day by making a cute sign for your door! This Welcome Sign for Valentine's Day, created by craft designer Carlene Eshelman, is made from seven chipboard hearts and embellished with pretty accents for a romantic feel. If you've been searching for the perfect way to decorate for Valentine's Day, this sign is a great project because you can leave it up long after February 14th!
- 7 chipboard hearts (5” high)
- 2” "Welcome" sticker
- ½” lace
- Hot glue gun
- 5-7 paper/fabric various flowers
- Felt bird
- Rhinstone bling
- 1/8” pink ribbon
- 6 12 x 12” scrapbook paper
- Sponge brush
- Ivory acrylic paint
- Mono adhesive glue
- 14 large eyelets
- Cropadile tool
- Lacey circles spellbinders dies
1. Paint back of all seven chipboard hearts with acrylic paint.
2. Trace heart shapes one by one on to scrapbook papers.
3. Cut out paper hearts and glue to fronts of chipboard hearts. Alternate colors if desired.
4. Cut out 2 sizes of Spellbinders’ dies using 2 different colored papers. You will need 14 diecuts.
5. Glue Spellbinders diecut to front of hearts as layers.
6. Leave ½” away from top and bottom of hearts for eyelets and embellish as desired using flowers, bling, etc.
7. Using cropadile, punch 2 holes at top center and bottom center for eyelets.
8. Secure eyelets onto hearts.
9. Hot glue lace around hearts from the back side.
10. Use ribbon to tie hearts together vertically. Leave 1” away from each heart.
11. Place welcome letters onto each heart.
12. Tie a loop on first heart to use for hanging.
Read NextVintage-Inspired Embroidery Hoop Art