4 Mother's Day Tea Party Decorations
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
In this tutorial on 4 Mother's Day Tea Party Decorations, you won't just learn how to host a tea party for your mother. By reading through these instructions, you'll learn how to make tissue flowers, a teapot garland and even teapot rings. Hosting this kind of get-together is a great Mother's Day gift idea. Mom will feel like she walked into a fairytale when she sees all of your homemade Mother's Day crafts and decorations strung about the room. For craft ideas for Mother's Day that express your gratitude for mom, try out these projects.
4 Mother's Day Tea Party Decorations
- Thrift store tea set (optional)
- Old book pages
- Tissue paper
- XXXX-Large Pretty Scallops Lever Punch
- Ultra ShapeXpress
- Medium Circle Squeeze Punch
- XL Circle Squeeze Punch
- Low-temp hot glue gun
- Micro-tip scissors
- Regular scissors
- Sewing machine
Find even more Mother's Day Ideas in Motherly Love: 25 Mother's Day Crafts.
- You can find an eclectic mix of tea cups and plates inexpensively at thrift stores, the more mixed-and-matched the better. A dramatic table runner made from book pages and tissue paper flowers completes the whimsical look.
- The XXXX-Large Pretty Scallops Lever Punch makes ridiculously easy flowers. Use around eight sheets of tissue paper for each flower and punch all eight layers at once. If you come across particularly soft or thin tissue paper, punch only four layers at a time sandwiched with a sheet of printer paper. This gives the punch something to grab onto without ripping the delicate tissue. Staple together your stack of flowers. Whenever you staple slightly off-center, simply add another staple beside it to even it out. Scrunch up your first flower layer to the center. Repeat with each layer and then fluff back out to form flower. Adhere the flowers to a base of book pages border punched down each side to add to the elegant feel. Be sure to adhere both the pages and flowers altogether, especially if your party will take place outside. Play around with different color combinations.
- Create a themed banner that you can afterwards transform generically.
- To accomplish this, create cardstock tea cup handles to insert between the pennant layers before sewing right sides together. After the party, snip the handles off with scissors leaving a regular scalloped banner! Two projects in one. Using the Ultra ShapeXpress on a craft mat, use the hearts template to cut out two nested hearts centered. Trim off a third of the heart as shown to leave a handle shape. After sewing right sides together leaving the tops open, turn the pennant right side out and press with an iron being very careful around the cardstock handles. Pin into bias tape centered and sew closed to secure.
- Create teacup rings with cardstock. Insert cardstock halfway into a medium circle squeeze punch. Repeat with an XL circle as shown to end up with half of a circle which can be rolled into your cup. Use a low-temp hot glue gun for this project to adhere strongly and quickly. Then trim a thin strip for a handle and another medium circle punched for the saucer. To fill the cup with tea, punch an XL circle from brown cardstock. Spiral cut to the center being sure to keep the width of each pass narrower than the height of your cup. Before rolling into a spiral (beginning from outside and ultimately adhering to the center circle of spiral to secure), trim off any parts that are uneven to keep a smooth end product. Adhere the saucer to a strip of paper or ribbon to create a ring, or use a premade ring base.
- Keeping with the paper teacup idea, send guests home with a little thank you favor presented in this fun way. For a creative presentation, display the cups alongside a tea pot (99 cent thrift store find) with a cardstock “steam” thank you. Draw out a cursive “thanks” onto light gray textured cardstock and whimsically cut around it with micro-tip scissors and/or a craft knife leaving a beginning tail to adhere to a piece of bamboo skewer to insert into spout.
- These cups follow the same ideas as the rings. Using the Ultra ShapeXpress with Super-Sized Circle Template on a craft mat, cut the inside of the smallest circle and the outside of the largest circle template nested centered to create a ring. (Hold onto those inside circles as they are the perfect size for the saucer.) Cut the ring in half and trim off a little extra as shown. Roll and adhere and add a cardstock handle over seam. Glue to a cardstock circle saucer around bottom interior of cup and adhere a piece of tissue paper to bottom of cup to cover glue. Add goodies inside the tissue paper and tied closed. You can give the saucer some dimension by cutting a few small slits evenly around plate and overlapping slightly at cuts with your glue gun.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- The Essential Guide to the Best Holiday Recipes & Crafts: 20 Ideas for a DIY Christmas, Thanksgiving, & Halloween
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Stamped DIY Clay Ornaments
- Holiday Homemade Playdough Recipe
- Boxwood DIY Christmas Wreath
- Burlap and Corn Husk Christmas Ornaments
- Pine Cone DIY Christmas Tree Ornament
- Best Ways to Make Hot Chocolate and 4 Delicious Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Candy Cane Candle Craft
- DIY Christmas Gift Baskets
- Christmas Tree Gift Tag Craft
- Flannel DIY Holiday Wreath