Save Money by Making Your Own Halloween Costumes with New Craft eBook
DIY Designs Will Help Your Kids Stand Out From Record Number of Costume Wearers
August 31, 2011 – Northbrook, IL – Dressing up for Halloween is becoming increasingly popular among both children and adults according to a 2010 study conducted by the National Retail Federation. In fact, the results of last year’s Halloween Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey showed the highest percentage of people in the survey’s history saying they planned to dress up for the holiday, with four out of ten people expressing their intention of donning a costume. All told, that means that nearly 120 million kids, adults and pets were set to dress up for Halloween in 2010.
“Americans young and old love celebrating Halloween, especially given the variety of costumes and decorations that are available,” said Phil Rist, Executive Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, BIGresearch, the firm that conducted the NRF survey.
However, despite the record number of consumers planning to don a disguise for Halloween, many Americans are still watching their wallets when it comes to holiday spending. To save money, many survey takers noted that they planned to use last year’s costume (18.5%) or make their own costume (19.5%).
“Creativity will reign this year as parents look for ways to save money while making sure their families’ costumes are the talk of the town,” said Rist.
With this in mind, the editors of AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com set out to help costume-loving yet budget-conscious Americans find ideas for easy-to-make DIY Halloween costumes. The editors have put together a collection of tutorials and patterns featuring some of the most popular homemade Halloween costumes. The collection, entitled Creative and Cute Halloween Costumes: 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home, can be downloaded as a PDF document and is available free of charge.
This free Halloween eBook includes costume ideas for girls, boys and even pets. From character costumes inspired by pop culture to more traditional costumes, the 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home eBook provides a variety of options for homemade kids’ costumes.
According to the National Retail Federation, princess costumes are by far the most popular choice among young girls. In fact, princess costumes have been number one on the NRF’s children’s top costume list for the past six years with more than 4 million children dressing as a princess every year. To satisfy this popular demand, the 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home eBook includes two different princess projects as well as other traditional costume ideas such as animals, skeletons and witches.
The Creative and Cute Halloween Costumes: 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home free eBook can be downloaded from http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Halloween-Costumes/Creative-and-Cute-Halloween-Costumes-14-Costume-Ideas-to-Make-at-Home-eBook.
AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com is a property of Prime Publishing LLC
AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com is a website dedicated to the best free Holiday crafts, tutorials, tips and articles on holidays including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, the Fourth of July and more. AllFreeHolidayCrafts finds and delivers the best holiday crafts from all over the web, from holiday decor to holiday clothing and accessories. Find hundreds of DIY holiday gifts, kids' holiday crafts, holiday card ideas and more at AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com.
About Prime Publishing:
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking. To learn more, visit www.primenewsletters.com.
- Elegant Christmas Tree Cones
- Jeweled Christmas Tree Art
- Pretty Painted Rock Owls
- Water Bottle Summer Lights
- Simple Spring Wreath
- Pretty Petals Flower Tower
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar Free eBook
- Push Pin Christmas Tree
- Summery Succulent Centerpiece
- Pretty Paper Lanterns
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fun X's and O's Rock game
- Moonlight Chardonnay DIY Light
- 23 DIY Backyard Ideas and Other DIY Garden Projects
- Suit Up DIY Father's Day Gift
- Ahoy Printable Father's Day Card
- Hersey Kisses Baby Shower Idea
- DIY Baby Shower Lemon Meltaways
- Stepping Stones DIY Yard Projects
- Luminary DIY Backyard Ideas
- Flower Hoop Wreath