Save Money by Making Your Own Halloween Costumes with New Craft eBook
DIY Designs Will Help Your Kids Stand Out From Record Number of Costume Wearers
August 31, 2011 – Northbrook, IL – Dressing up for Halloween is becoming increasingly popular among both children and adults according to a 2010 study conducted by the National Retail Federation. In fact, the results of last year’s Halloween Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey showed the highest percentage of people in the survey’s history saying they planned to dress up for the holiday, with four out of ten people expressing their intention of donning a costume. All told, that means that nearly 120 million kids, adults and pets were set to dress up for Halloween in 2010.
“Americans young and old love celebrating Halloween, especially given the variety of costumes and decorations that are available,” said Phil Rist, Executive Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, BIGresearch, the firm that conducted the NRF survey.
However, despite the record number of consumers planning to don a disguise for Halloween, many Americans are still watching their wallets when it comes to holiday spending. To save money, many survey takers noted that they planned to use last year’s costume (18.5%) or make their own costume (19.5%).
“Creativity will reign this year as parents look for ways to save money while making sure their families’ costumes are the talk of the town,” said Rist.
With this in mind, the editors of AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com set out to help costume-loving yet budget-conscious Americans find ideas for easy-to-make DIY Halloween costumes. The editors have put together a collection of tutorials and patterns featuring some of the most popular homemade Halloween costumes. The collection, entitled Creative and Cute Halloween Costumes: 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home, can be downloaded as a PDF document and is available free of charge.
This free Halloween eBook includes costume ideas for girls, boys and even pets. From character costumes inspired by pop culture to more traditional costumes, the 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home eBook provides a variety of options for homemade kids’ costumes.
According to the National Retail Federation, princess costumes are by far the most popular choice among young girls. In fact, princess costumes have been number one on the NRF’s children’s top costume list for the past six years with more than 4 million children dressing as a princess every year. To satisfy this popular demand, the 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home eBook includes two different princess projects as well as other traditional costume ideas such as animals, skeletons and witches.
The Creative and Cute Halloween Costumes: 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home free eBook can be downloaded from http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Halloween-Costumes/Creative-and-Cute-Halloween-Costumes-14-Costume-Ideas-to-Make-at-Home-eBook.
AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com is a property of Prime Publishing LLC
AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com is a website dedicated to the best free Holiday crafts, tutorials, tips and articles on holidays including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, the Fourth of July and more. AllFreeHolidayCrafts finds and delivers the best holiday crafts from all over the web, from holiday decor to holiday clothing and accessories. Find hundreds of DIY holiday gifts, kids' holiday crafts, holiday card ideas and more at AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com.
About Prime Publishing:
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking. To learn more, visit www.primenewsletters.com.
- DIY Tote from a Tea Towel
- Ruffled Denim Tote
- The Essential Guide to the Best Holiday Recipes & Crafts: 20 Ideas for a DIY Christmas, Thanksgiving, & Halloween
- Santa's Stuck Place Setting
- Super Cute Tote Bag Pattern
- Dollar Store Leaf Wreath
- Sparkly Santa Jar
- Cookie Cutter Vintage Ornaments
- Rustic and Romantic Luminaries
- Genius Washi Tape Organizer
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- 9 Fall Crafts and Fall Decorating Ideas
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Teeny Tiny Halloween Spiders
- Three Little Pumpkins Halloween Centerpiece
- Witch Hat Halloween Headband
- DIY Bride and Groom Favors
- Easy Tulle Halloween Wreath
- Giant Wooly Spider Halloween Headband
- DIY Mason Jar Lamp
- 100+ Fall Craft Ideas for Every Autumn Occasion
- Candy Jar Skeletons
- Candy Creature Topiaries