Lana Boucle Yarn Review
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Lana Boucle Yarn Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
Do you ever imagine yourself lying in a huge pile of yarn? I feel like that's every knitter and crocheter's fantasy. Some days when I'm at the office I feel so happy to be surrounded by so much yarn piled on my desk. The latest yarn that's landed in my lap is Brown Sheep's Lana Boucle Yarn.
There's just something about this yarn that I can't put my finger on; when I hold the skein and squeeze it, it makes me feel happy. I don't know if it reminds me of a bulky sweater or a cozy pair of comfy pants, but I just love it. Lana Boucle is made of 100% wool, but you would never know it by touch. Most wool I've encountered is scratchy, but this yarn is quite soft. It's a worsted weight yarn with 180 yards per hank.
Because I haven't had a chance to work with this type of yarn yet, I'm intrigued by all the variety of colors. With over 30 colors to choose from, my favorites so far are Restless Sea, Tropical Lagoon, Luscious Lilac, and Spring Spritz. You can easily mix and match each of the colors to come up with a fabulous crochet pattern. This yarn line even offers variegated colors, which are beautiful on their own. The colors are inspired by the earth, sea and sky and uniquely blended into luxurious wool.
Wondering what to make with Lana Boucle? Get creative and come up with something on your own. A knit blanket or afghan would be brilliant, but a knit sweater would be completely warm and cozy. Although it's a worsted weight yarn I can imagine a pair of socks being made and worn during the cooler months.
Lana Boucle is definitely the next yarn to try if you haven't already. As I mentioned before, there's just something about it that will immediately grab your attention and make you want to work something up.
What is your favorite type of wool to work with?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Set of DecoArt Americana Premium Matte Acrylic Paint
- Glitter Tape
- Flower Punch Board
- Enter for a chance to win the Lawn Fawn Spring Stamp Set!
- Amplify Mixed Media Scissors
- Shimelle Collection Pack
- True Friend Collection Kit
- Win a Holiday Ribbon Assortment!
- 11 Top Products for Easy Holiday Crafts
- Chance to win the Perfectly Plaid Fall Collection!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Father's Day Madlib Letter
- Mother's Day Coloring Page
- St Patrick Day Centerpiece
- Simple Spring Centerpiece
- Diy Spring Bunny Jar Display
- Cereal Box Leprechaun Trap
- St. Patrick's Day Bingo
- Craft Stick Leprechaun Hat
- Cardboard Tube Easter Bunny
- Easter Treat Pails
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts