Wasabi Bread Knife
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Wasabi Bread Knife
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
A proper knife like this Kai Wasabi Bread Knife is crucial to have in the kitchen. The high carbon steel is super sharp and designed to stay sharp; it is resistant to corrosion and spotting. The handle is made from a combination of polypropylene and bamboo powder which gives it a unique feel.
The knife itself is 9 inches to cut through the best loaves of bread. The steel is actually hand-sharpened so the edge is extremely sharp. Having a definitive bread knife for your collection is a must. The serrated edge for slicing is perfect as it won't damage the loaf or flatten it. A fine kitchen tool like this is surprisingly dishwasher safe, although handwashing is recommended for longer use.
The handle pays homage to traditional Japanese knives, but replaces the wooden/resin combination with a less expensive polypropylene/bamboo blend. It is very lightweight and easy to grasp. An inch or so of steel separates the blade and handle.
I love the "wasabi" imprint on the blade of the knife. The Japanese lettering adds a lot of character to the knife. I also think it completes the knife, and makes it into a wonderful gift for any foodie or beginner cook!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Notebook and Colored Pencil Set
- Snowman Silverware Holders
- Chance to Win a Baking Tool Set and Cookie Tin Set!
- Win a Holiday Ribbon Assortment!
- Custom Lollipops from LolliPics
- Fiskars Cuts+More Scissors
- Imaginisce I-Bond Cordless Glue Gun
- Enter to win a Comfort Detail Craft Knife!
- Enter to win Westcott Holidazed Scissors!
- Chance to win rolls of Texture Duck Tape!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 2-in-1 OOLY Flipside Notebook
- DIY Snowy Lantern Ornament
- Wood Slice Ornament Gift Tags
- Valentine’s Day Slime
- Easter Egg Glitter Slime Party Favors
- Pot Of Gold Rainbow Slime
- Sew Splash Balls from Bathing Suits
- Unicorn Christmas Ornament
- Spring Easter Egg Wreath
- DIY Spring Bunny Jar Display
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts