Wasabi Bread Knife
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Wasabi Bread Knife
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
A proper knife like this Kai Wasabi Bread Knife is crucial to have in the kitchen. The high carbon steel is super sharp and designed to stay sharp; it is resistant to corrosion and spotting. The handle is made from a combination of polypropylene and bamboo powder which gives it a unique feel.
The knife itself is 9 inches to cut through the best loaves of bread. The steel is actually hand-sharpened so the edge is extremely sharp. Having a definitive bread knife for your collection is a must. The serrated edge for slicing is perfect as it won't damage the loaf or flatten it. A fine kitchen tool like this is surprisingly dishwasher safe, although handwashing is recommended for longer use.
The handle pays homage to traditional Japanese knives, but replaces the wooden/resin combination with a less expensive polypropylene/bamboo blend. It is very lightweight and easy to grasp. An inch or so of steel separates the blade and handle.
I love the "wasabi" imprint on the blade of the knife. The Japanese lettering adds a lot of character to the knife. I also think it completes the knife, and makes it into a wonderful gift for any foodie or beginner cook!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Chance to win the Peralta Fabric Collection!
Chance to win the Perfectly Plaid Fall Collection!
Custom Lollipops from LolliPics
Flower Punch Board
Tulip Fashion Glitter
Chance to win Fiskars Total Control Non-stick Precision Scissors!
Mod Podge Set
Amplify Mixed Media Scissors
True Friend Collection Kit
Enter to win the American Crafts Party Pack!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bath Bomb Teacher Gift Ideas
- Sandpiper Tea Towels
- Friendly Jack o' Lantern Can Craft
- DIY Felt Lanterns
- Frankie the Frankenstein Can
- Scarecrow in a Jar Craft
- Custom Gift Wrap with Sticky Notes
- Wine Bottle Cork Toadstools
- DIY Seashells Picture Frame
- Fabric Editions
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts