This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- see all comments
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
"This idea is just too cute! I have never worked with Shrinky Dink before but after seeing this, I may just try it out. Her tutorial makes it look so easy!"
"Halloween is myfavorite holiday.. I'm 43 and dress up every year"
Mother's Day Tin Can Photo Vase
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
"Mom (or grandma) loves anything with the kids photo on it, right? This Mother's Day, create a personalized photo vase using a tin can and some print-from-home photos. The hardest part of this project is narrowing down the cutest photos of the kids!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Tin can
- Photos printed on premium photo paper
- Mod Podge
- Ribbon (or trim)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Clear Acrylic Spray
How to Make a Mother's Day Tin Can Photo Vase
Wash and remove label from can
Measure dimensions of can and print photos accordingly
Cut and paste photos onto can in whatever layout you like best
Apply Mod Podge to undersides of photos and where seams meet
Once dry, spray with clear acrylic sealer
Add ribbon or trim with a glue gun
Read NextDenim Fabric Scrap Pots
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 30, 2017
How sweet! The only question is how am I going to get my daughter or daughter in law to do that for me?? I would love to have one of those for my desk, with photos of the two littlest granddaughters (or two biggest ones, too!) It doesn't look that hard to do, either.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Unique Mini Planter
This Unique Mini Planter is the perfect party favor for a summer party or baby shower. A DIY party favor will save you tons of money.… Continue reading: "Unique Mini Planter"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Printable Hello Spring Coloring Page
- Egg-scellent Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- Fun Bee Coloring Pages
- Fun Easter Coloring Pages
- Colorful Crochet Easter Eggs
- Free Mother’s Day Cards For Kids: Fantastic 3d Coloring Fun And More
- Paper Easter Basket Craft
- Easter Chick Gift Bag
- Dollar Tree Easter Carrot Wreath
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts