Father's Day Crafts: 9 Handmade Father's Day Gifts and Crafts for Father's Day
Father's Day Breakfast in Bed
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"An easy, quick and super personal last minute idea for celebrating any special day. Perfect for father's day, mother's day, anniversary gift or even birthday surprise! The presentation is very important for this idea. Keeping in mind the seasonal mangoes and apples I have used a color theme of yellow and white. I have used a yellow tray, glass plates, glass bowl, glass cup and a white paper doily. I would advise you to use heart shape cutters because its the symbol of affection, even though you could leave the items bare too."
Primary TechniqueFood Crafting
- For the Sandwich: 5 slices of bread+1 cucumber+1 cube cheese+Butter+Salt and Pepper for taste
- For the Fruit Plate: 2 apples+2 mangoes
- For the Fruit Jelly: 6 jelly pieces ( I used the Cup Jelly)+3 pc plums+5 black grapes+11 pc cherries
- For the Tea: Tea leaves+Sugar+Milk+Water
- For the set-up: 1 big tray+2 side plates+1 big bowl+1 tea-cup+1 napkin+1 spoon+1 fork+1 tissue+1 card (optional)
- Tools: Heart Cutter set ( you could use any shape cutter)+Knife+Vegetable peeler+Chopping board+Extra plates/trays for preparation
SANDWICH:- Step 1: Using a bigger sized heart, I used the third size in the set, cut into the breads individually. Most pieces tear off on their own, or you could use a knife to scrape the sides. Step 2: Butter the bread slices and sprinkle salt and pepper. I made one double bread sandwich and one triple bread sandwich. Step 3: Peel the cucumber and cut thin slices. Place in in the sandwiches. Step 4: Slice the cheese cube into halves through the middle giving you two square pieces of half widths. Place the two halves beside each other and using the smallest heart cutter cut a heart. Step 5: Plate up. Place the triple bread sandwich above the double bread sandwich. Place the middle-cut heart on top.
FRUIT PLATE:- Step 1: Cut the apples into thin circular slices. Step 2: Using the medium to bigger circled apples cut hearts into the middle using the smallest heart cutter. We will be using the circles and not the heart cutouts because the middle areas will have the seeds. Step 3: Cut the mangoes vertically into slices. One mango will give approx 4 slices for the hearts. Step 4: Using the smallest heart cutter cut out the shapes. Do not use soggy soft mangoes because they will not retain the shape during cutting. Step 5: Plate up. Place the hearts into a middle circle and the apples on the circumference of the side plate. You do not have to be super neat with the slicing but try and keep the heart shapes neat and clean.
FRUIT JELLY:- This is a very quick dessert and does not require any baking skills, but if you have time make a more fancy dessert like my favorite egg-less sponge cake layered in jar. Step 1: Slice the plum removing the seeds. Cut the stems of the cherry. Step 2: Place the jelly in two bowls according to colour. Using a spoon smash into the jelly cutting it into smaller parts. Step 3: Start layering with the jelly. Add slices of plums over it. Step 4: Continue adding the cherries in the circumference, a layer of jelly, another layer of plum, another layer of jelly and finally the black grapes on top.
PRESENTING:- Step 1: Place the doilie over the tray in the middle. Step 2: Place the sandwich plate, fruit plate and fruit jelly bowl. Step 3: Place the hot tea cup. I have not written the tea-making process assuming most Indians know it already. Step 4: Place a paper napkin, or fabric napkin, along with a spoon and fork. Step 5: You could additionally place a fathers day card and carry a gift along too.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Somewhere Over the Rainbow Free Printable will bring you back to your storybook youth in a flash. This darling, decorative craft… Continue reading: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow Free Printable"
- Nuts About You Printables
- "I Love Ewe" Father's Day Gift
- "Father's Day Crafts: 9 Handmade Father's Day Gifts and Crafts for Father's Day" eBook
- "Fishin' with Dad" DIY Decor
- The Daddy Cam Picture Frame
- Bookmarks and Keyrings Tutorial
- Paper Postcards: Suit for Dad and Dress for Mom
- Father’s Day Word Search Printable
- Cute and Easy Crafts for Father's Day
- 30 Craft Ideas for Father's Day
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Duct Tape Roses
- Unicorn Paper Plate Craft
- Easy Diy Easter Bunny Wash
- Valentine’s Day Crafts For Kids
- Valentine’s Day Gifts Kids Can Make
- Heart Filled Crochet Coaster Tutorial
- Red And Gold Clay Valentine Earrings
- Easter Basket Stuffers – Bunny Crayons
- Last Minute Felt Easter Basket
- Friends Embroidery Hoop
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts