Acorn Place Card Holders
For all your fall parties, be sure to make the Acorn Place Card Holders. Crafts with acorns are the perfect way to add a bit of fall decoration to your home. These DIY table decorations look like you spent tons of money, when in reality, they're so cheap and easy to make. We guarantee guests will be asking you where they can get their own card holders. Forget buying boring card holders that won't be noticed. Instead, make these gorgeous acorns that will be remembered by all.
- Premo! Accents®, 2 oz , Gold - 1 block
- Premo! Accents®, 2 oz , Bronze - 1 block
- Sculpey® Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey Clay Tool Starter Set
- Sculpey Super Slicer
- Scallop-edge paper-crafting scissors (optional)
- Craft wire, 20 gauge
- Flat-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Preheat oven to 275 °F. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. Condition all clay by kneading until it’s soft and smooth or running it through the Clay Conditioning Machine for several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
- Marble 3/4" ball Gold and 1/2" ball of Bronze clay together to make 1" marbled ball. Slice off one side to make flat edge. Place on baking sheet. With your fingers, gently pinch top to make acorn point.
- Using Clay Conditioning Machine on #5 setting, make 4" long Bronze sheet. Using wavy blade or scallop scissors, cut four 1/4"-wide strips.
- Press strip on acorn base, starting about halfway up, trimming edges where they meet. Overlap strips with layers until you reach the bottom. Trim bottom edge.
- Cut 4" wire length. Use pliers to make spiral on one end. Insert straight end into acorn top. Bake 30 minutes according to instructions above.
- You can make 4-5 acorns from a block of Gold clay. Bend wire tip 90 degrees before inserting so the wire stays embedded after baking.
Read NextGilded Pine Cone Fall Craft Idea