Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Clay Ornament
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Are you looking for DIY clay ornaments to make for your Christmas tree this year? If your answer is yes, check out the Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Clay Ornament tutorial. This beautiful ornament will shine brightly all holiday season. The step-by-step tutorial will walk you through how to mold each piece of the ornament and in what order to put them together to achieve your star. You will be surprised at how easy this detailed DIY star ornament will be to make. Take an evening to craft this impressive, shimmering star for your Christmas tree this year.
- Premo! Accents®, 2 oz , 18K Gold - 1 block of clay
- Premo! Accents®, 2 oz, Twinkle Twinkle - 1 block of clay
- Sculpey® Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey Acrylic Roller
- Sculpey Etch ‘N Pearl
- Sculpey Style and Detail Tools, Set of 3
- 3.75" Circle cutter
- 3.75" Star cutter
- 2" Star cutter
- Texture sheet
- Water spritzer and paper towels
- 11" Coordinating ribbon
Note: Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, a metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead the clay until it is soft and smooth. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F (130°C) for 30 minutes per ¼" (6 mm) thickness.For best results, condition all the clay by running it through the clay dedicated pasta machine (or your Sculpey® Clay Conditioning Machine) several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the folded side into the rollers first.
Make a sheet of Twinkle Twinkle clay on the thickest setting of the Clay Conditioning Machine. Cut out a large circle.
Make a sheet of 18K Gold on the thickest setting of the Clay Conditioning Machine. Cut out a large star.
Place the Gold star on top of the Black circle so that the star's points just touch the edge of the circle.
Lightly roll over the star with the clay roller to make sure there are not air bubbles between it and the black circle.
Spritz the Gold star lightly with water. Press the texture into the surface of the Gold star. Roll over the texture sheet with the roller. Blot any excess water with paper towel.
Using the Gold clay, make five little club shaped pieces about 2.25" long.
Position these pieces so that the club end is at the star point and the tapered end is in the middle. Repeat for each star point.
Impress the side of the smallest Etch 'n' Pearl tool into the club shape, scoring it.
Impress the ball end of the medium Style and Detail tool into each of the clubs at the tips.
Roll a very thin rope of Gold about 1/8" thick and at least 20" long. Cut 2" pieces with tapered ends from the rope. You will need ten. Roll each piece up starting at the fat end to make a curly Q. Leave a little tail on each one.
Position the curly Q's so that the little tail is alongside the club piece and the curled side is lined up with the star's edge. Position two curly Q's along each of the clubs.
Cut out a 2" star from the sheet of Gold clay. Place it in the middle of the large star and cover all the tails of the other pieces.
- Press it into place with the largest Style and Detail tool.
Using the pointed rubber chisel tip, press a point into each of the small star's tips.
Place a 3/8" ball of Gold in the center of the small star. Using the flat rubber chisel tip, score ten lines into the ball radiating out from the center.
Using the largest Etch 'n' Pearl tool, place a pearl in the center of the small star.
Using the largest Etch 'n' Pearl tool, place a pearl in the intersection of each of the star points.
Using the medium Etch 'n' Pearl tool, place a pearl at the tip of each of the small star points.
Use the smallest ball tool to make a divot in the center of each pearl.
Poke a hole in the top of the star where you would like the ribbon to attach.
Bake as directed above.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Easy Dollar Store Melted Snowman Ornament
- Cookie Cutter Vintage Ornaments
- Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Mini Pom Pom Table Top Christmas Tree
- Recycled Book Page Ball Ornament
- Junk Mail Ornaments
- Beaded Star DIY Christmas Ornaments
- DIY Mason Jar Holiday Decor
- Sparkly Santa Jar
- Light Up the Night Glitter Jar
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pine Cone Christmas Tree Craft Project
- Halloween Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Halloween Applique Crochet Bunting Garland
- Greeting From My Gnome And Dollar Tree
- Journey Through The Stones Crochet Shawl
- Halloween Spider Treats
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Free Printable Halloween Word Scramble For Kids
- Printable Halloween Gift Tags
- 40+ Witchy Crafts to Make This Halloween
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts