Hosting a Cookie Exchange Party
Planning a cookie exchange party can be confusing. Who will be making what type of cookie? How many cookies should each person bake? Don't fret; we have easy answers for you! Take a few minutes to read through this handy guide on hosting a cookie exchange party to make things easier on yourself this holiday season. Create cute décor, handout fun invites, and set up a cookie wrapping station. Planning a cookie exchange is so much fun!
A few basic steps...
- Decide on a group of people to invite, these cute invitations from Fine Stationery make the cookie exchange party official.
- Each attendee should agree to bake several dozen cookies, sticking to one recipe. Decide the amount of cookies per person according to the amount of cookies each person would like to end up with and the number of people attending.
Note: The formula to exchange cookies is simpler than it seems. Guests will take home as many cookies as they contribute. If you have 12 guests and each person makes 4 dozen cookies then each person will come home with 4 of each cookie and 48 cookies total.
- Make sure everyone chooses a different cookie recipe and account for nut and other common allergies!
- Create some cute cookie-themed party décor to add some festivity to your event. Try this idea from Pen 'N Paper Flowers.
- Exchange with everyone!
- Make labels for the cookies and set up a packaging station where guests can wrap small boxes of cookies to give away as presents. You could make a few dozen of these simple, DIY Paper Gift Boxes.
- Once you have wrapped up all the cookies, it's time to taste.
- On the day of the party, be sure to leave a few cookies out for sampling. Serve a variety of drinks, don’t forget to include milk!
A few basic recipes...
In a cookie exchange, you're nowhere without a few tried-and-true holiday cookies recipes.
- Candy Cane Crumble Nutella Cookies
- Yummy Peppermint Shortbread Squares
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Treats
- Easy Snowball Cookies
- Scrumptious S'More Cookie Recipe
- Pumpkin Mini Cakes
- Precious Polar Bear Cookies
- Crafty Canine Christmas Treats
Read NextDIY Santa Sack