Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays: 30+ Seasonal Patchwork Projects to Piece, Stitch, and Love
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Pretty in Patchwork Holidays: 30+ Seasonal Patchwork Projects to Piece, Stitch, and Love
By John Q. Adams
Gifted by Lark Crafts
Reviewed by Julia Wiatr
Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays, by John Q. Adams, is a compilation of over 30 different patchwork sewing projects to carry you through all the holidays. Filled with full-color photographs and a wide variety of fun patchwork projects, Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays is the perfect resource to consult for any holiday project.
If you’re someone who is mystified by sewing machines, but would like to break into the world of quilting and sewing, this book is a perfect place to start. In the first section of the book, Adams provides in-depth guidance in terms of the knowledge and tools needed for sewing, including an ironing board, scissors, and, of course, a sewing machine. He also shares some advice on how to pick fabric and what kind of thread to use. Tutorials of some basic sewing practices are next, so you’ll be able to follow along with patterns. Adams also includes some common vocabulary among his technique descriptions and diagrams are provided to help you visualize his instructions.
All types of projects are detailed and described within the pages of this fantastic resource. Whether you’re looking to make holiday-specific pillows and quilts or a tree skirt, you’ll find what you’re looking for. Some other projects you can choose among include draw-string bags, holiday buntings, placemats, aprons, and even stuffed creatures. Each project has its own template, found in the back of the book, so you can always be sure that you’re following the tutorial exactly as described. On some projects, suggestions are included for other ways to modify it so that it can easily be made for another holiday. Some of the suggestions involve adding different appliques to your quilted projects, which are conveniently included in the back of the book. With over 30 different projects to work on, this will be your go-to book for any holiday quilting project.
Enter to win Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays from 12/4/2013 - 12/17/2013
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Adventures in Pompom Land
- Quilled Flowers: A Garden of 35 Paper Projects
- Pom-Poms! 25 Awesomely Fluffy Projects
- Sew the Perfect Gift: 25 Handmade Projects from Top Designers
- Heart-Felt Holidays: 40 Festive Felt Projects to Celebrate the Seasons
- Glitterville's Handmade Halloween
- Countdown Calendars: 24 Stitched Projects to Celebrate Any Date
- Making an Impression
- Chance to win The New Hexagon Coloring Book!
- Chance to win a copy of Welcome Fall Colors!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Star Doily Placemat
- Flower Pot Wreath
- Sew Easy Placemats
- Diy Charm Bracelet
- Free Printable Earth Day Word Search
- Easter Play Dough
- Seaside Coastal Flower Crochet Coaster
- Easter Egg Juice Box
- Spring Flower Pretzel Bites
- Crochet Easter Bunny Bunting
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts