30 Thrifty Halloween Craft Ideas
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor for AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Halloween can be expensive, but it doesn't have to be! Check out this collection of 26 Thrifty Halloween Craft Ideas and discover budget-friendly homemade Halloween decorations, cheap Halloween costumes and other great projects that won't strain your wallet. Whether you're in the market for some inexpensive homemade Halloween costume ideas or would like to learn how to make Halloween decorations on a budget, this collection has something for everyone. In addition to costumes and decorations, we've also included budget-friendly Halloween crafts for kids, cheap and easy Halloween crafts to use while trick or treating and thrifty Halloween craft ideas for your outdoor decor.
30 Thrifty Halloween Craft Ideas
Table of Contents
Thrifty Halloween Craft Ideas for Your Home
Outdoor Halloween Decor
Thrifty Wearable Halloween Crafts
One of the best parts about Halloween is putting up festive decorations. But stocking up on store-bought decor can cost a pretty penny. To help save some dough, check out our favorite thrifty Halloween craft ideas to make for your home below. From projects that make use of ordinary household supplies to crafts that incorporate dollar store finds, all of the projects featured in this Thrifty Halloween Craft Ideas for Your Home section will help you deck your place out in fun and creative homemade Halloween decorations that cost a fraction of what you'd pay at the store.
- Very Ghostly Halloween Tree
- Black White and Glitter Pumpkin Centerpiece
- One Minute Halloween Luminary
- Spooky Halloween Tablescape
- Super Simple Halloween Treat Buckets
- Thrifty Halloween Bunting
- Wood Scrap Spookies
Give the outside of your home some love too with these thrifty Halloween craft ideas for outdoor decor! Whether you're looking for homemade Halloween decorations to display on your door or Halloween craft ideas that will light up the night, the projects included in this section will help create a festive atmosphere for trick or treaters coming to your home on October 31st!
- Garbage Bag Lawn Ghosts
- Simple Halloween Wreath
- Milk Box Halloween Lanterns
- Plastic Bottle Skull Lights
- Halloween Mason Jar Ring Wreath
Parade around in clever costumes and Halloween clothes without feeling guilty about a hefty price tag. The wearable Halloween craft ideas included in this section are not only budget-friendly, they're also some of the cutest Halloween outfits we've seen... in stores or around town!
- Five Dollar Candy Costume
- Rainbow Dash Costume
- How to Make Fairy Wings
- Ruffled Bib Halloween Onesie
- Shiny Robot Costume
- Versatile Shirt Skirt for Halloween Costumes
Halloween is a holiday that's perfect to celebrate with kids, and it's easy to do so when you have thrifty Halloween craft ideas like the ones below to choose from! Whether your little one wants to make ghosts, spiders, pumpkins or witches, there's a little something for everyone in this collection of Halloween craft ideas for kids.
- Pumpkin Patch Board Game
- Spooky Cheesecloth Ghost
- Coffee Filter Ghosts
- Easy Paper Bag Pumpkins
- Pumpkin Mosaic From Paint Swatches
- Tissue Ghost Wreath
Forget store-bought candy bags or buckets! When it's so simple and cheap to make your own trick or treat bag, it would be silly to pay unnecessary money for one from the store. Find easy Halloween craft ideas that show you how to repurpose and recycle old clothing into fun candy bags in the collection below.
- T-Shirt Trick or Treat Bag
- Recycled Tee Halloween Tote
- Upcycled Canvas Tote Into Halloween Bag
- Silhouette Trick or Treat Bag
- Halloween Paper Sack Gift Bags
- EEK Halloween Treat Bag
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 19 Pumpkin Carving Patterns to Use This Halloween
- Leaping Dolphin Pumpkin Carving Pattern
- Spider Spun Bun
- Fantasy Unicorn Pumpkin Carving Template
- "Go Green" for Halloween: 25 Halloween Recycling Crafts
- How to Carve Words on a Pumpkin
- "9 Halloween Crafts and Halloween Recipes for Parties" eBook
- Sweet Little Hands Pumpkin Carving
- Where the Wild Things Are Pumpkin Pattern
- Halloween Button Earrings
- 10 Dollar Store Crafts for Christmas
- 11 Easy Halloween Craft Ideas: Halloween Decorations to Make for Your Home
- 7 Easy DIY Christmas Crafts: Make Your Own Ornaments, Wreaths and More!
- 8 Halloween Kids Craft Ideas: Celebrate With These Fun Halloween Activities
- 8 Thanksgiving Crafts for the Home
- 9 Fall Crafts and Fall Decorating Ideas
- 9 Halloween Crafts and Halloween Recipes for Parties
- Creative and Cute Halloween Costumes: 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Holiday Gift Guide: 18 Handmade Christmas Gifts and Handmade Christmas Cards
- Homemade Christmas Ornaments: 9 Easy Ornament Tutorials
- Santa's Favorite Xmas Crafts for Children: 8 Simple Christmas Crafts for Kids
- The Essential Guide to the Best Holiday Recipes & Crafts: 20 Ideas for a DIY Christmas, Thanksgiving, & Halloween
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Snowflake-Inspired Homemade Jewelry
- Painted Clay Pot Christmas Pals
- Tiny Snowman Homemade Writing Slate
- Cute Hand Painted Penguin Bag
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Serving Tray
- Cozy Homemade Fabric Ornaments
- Glitzy Homemade Holiday Pet Collar
- Painted Ceramic Christmas Coasters
- Burlap and Button Snowman Christmas Ornament
- Iced Gingerbread Cookie Tower