10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
39 Ways to Craft with Recycled Materials
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor for AllFreeHolidayCrafts
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Have a bunch of empty plastic bottles or stacks of magazines lying around? Don't let them go to waste! Find 39 Ways to Craft with Recycled Materials in this collection of DIY projects. From aluminum to cardboard to paper, when it comes to crafts made from recycled items, there are plenty of cool and unique ideas to choose from.
If you love the thought of transforming one thing into something completely different, then you'll love these ideas for recycled craft projects. Whether you want to turn a bunch of discarded water bottles into cute decorations for your front lawn or you're interested in creating pretty napkin rings using the cardboard tube inside a box of Saran Wrap, you'll find some great tutorials here for how to craft with recycled materials.
These recycled craft ideas are a great way to celebrate Earth Day, but they're also plenty useful for just about any time of year. So what are you waiting for? Dive on into this roundup of green recycled crafts and learn how to turn your discarded paper, plastic and aluminum into something useful.
39 Ways to Craft With Recycled Materials
Table of Contents
Find more crafts with recycled materials in our 16 DIY Home Decor Earth Day Projects collection.
Paper is probably one of the easiest materials to work with when it comes to recycled crafts. It's so simple to transform old newspaper, magazine pages, phone pages and junk mail into something totally different and unique. Discover all of the different ways you can make use of your unused paper with this collection of recycled paper crafts!
- Fabulous Newspaper Roses
- Recycled Paper Butterfly Garland
- Recycled Card Mini Gift Boxes
- Junkmail Snowflake Lanterns
- Pretty Recycled Paper Flowers
- Yellow Pages Gift Bow
- Junkmail Heart Wreath
- Recycled Party Bunting
- Recycled Paper Butterflies
Have you ever wondered what happens to your discarded soda pop bottles once you put them in the recycle bin? Wonder no longer with these unique recycled crafts made from plastic! See how you can take matters into your own hands and make use of your plastic waste with these easy DIY ideas. From creative accessories to interesting decorations for outside your home, there are a wide variety of projects to choose from in this collection of recycled craft projects.
- Recycled Bottle Loop Earrings
- Garden Stakes from Recycled Plastic Bottles
- Flower Mobile from Plastic Bottles
- Colorful Water Bottle Wreath
- Plastic Bottle Flowers for the Front Yard
- Recycled Soda Bottle Jewelry
- Recycled Shopping Bag Wreath
- Fashionable Drinking Straw Bracelets
- Water Bottle Summer Lights
- Watering Can Earth Day Craft
- Upcycled Plastic Bottle Apple Containers
There's even more green ideas in 25 Green Craft Ideas for Earth Day.
If you're looking for ways to craft with recycled materials beyond just paper and plastic, consider one of these recycled can craft ideas. Learn how to mold and reshape aluminum cans into interesting homemade decorations, greeting cards, refrigerator magnets and more with these recycled craft tutorials.
- Recycled Can Butterfly Mobile
- Soda Can Wind Chimes
- Aluminum Can Christmas Card
- Drink Lid Photo Magnets
- Can Flower Pot
Storage boxes, cereal boxes, even cardboard toilet paper tubes; there is certainly not a lack of material when it comes to making crafts with cardboard. Look around your house for any of these supplies and then follow one of the recycled craft tutorials below to turn your junk into something cute, useful, or maybe just a little bit of both! You'll be amazed by how a boring piece of brown packaging can turn into an amazing wall art display, fun and festive storage containers, or even a journal for you to jot down more recycled craft ideas! Keep reading to discover some of our favorite recycle crafts with cardboard.
- Refashioned Cardboard Storage Bins
- Toilet Paper Roll Wall Art
- Cereal Box Notepads
- Pretty Eco-Friendly Napkin Rings
- Fabulous Wreath From Toilet Paper Rolls
- Made from Real Cardboard Necklace
It's easy to get hooked on making crafts with recycled materials. There's something addictive about transforming trash into treasure, and we understand that! That's why we've gathered even more fun DIY recycled crafts for you to try your hand at. From milk cartons to candy wrappers to old CDs (yes, those circular things you used to play music on!), there are plenty of old and discarded materials that can be easily transformed into something useful, pretty to look at, and fun to make! Discover what other ways you can craft with recycled materials by checking out the tutorials below.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Upcycled Light Bulb Centerpiece
- Recycled Magazine Bowl
- Fabulous Newspaper Roses
- Recycled Infinity No-Sew Scarf
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar Free eBook
- Bottle Cap Pinwheel Flower
- Soda Can Wind Chimes
- DIY Vintage Jar Collection
- Recycled Market Tote
- Jazzy Junk Mail Bracelet
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make July 4th Decorations: 8 Patriotic Craft Tutorials
- Patriotic Crafts: 14 Fourth of July Crafts and Fourth of July Party Ideas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Seriously Silly Turkey Balloon Decorating Ideas
- DIY Halloween Party Balloons
- Hauntingly Easy Halloween Ghost Balloons
- Simply Stunning Summery Clutch
- Chalkboard Balloon Decoration for Weddings
- Cool as a Cactus Balloon Decoration Idea
- Itty Bitty DIY Party Favor Pots
- Floral DIY Wedding Centerpieces
- Bubble Gum Wishes
- Vanilla Wafer St. Patrick's Day Treats