10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
35 Ways to Craft with Recycled Materials
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor for AllFreeHolidayCrafts
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Have a bunch of empty plastic bottles or stacks of magazines lying around? Don't let them go to waste! Find 35 Ways to Craft with Recycled Materials in this collection of DIY projects. From aluminum to cardboard to paper, when it comes to crafts made from recycled items, there are plenty of cool and unique ideas to choose from.
If you love the thought of transforming one thing into something completely different, then you'll love these ideas for recycled craft projects. Whether you want to turn a bunch of discarded water bottles into cute decorations for your front lawn or you're interested in creating pretty napkin rings using the cardboard tube inside a box of Saran Wrap, you'll find some great tutorials here for how to craft with recycled materials.
These recycled craft ideas are a great way to celebrate Earth Day, but they're also plenty useful for just about any time of year. So what are you waiting for? Dive on into this roundup of green recycled crafts and learn how to turn your discarded paper, plastic and aluminum into something useful.
35 Ways to Craft With Recycled Materials
Table of Contents
Paper is probably one of the easiest materials to work with when it comes to recycled crafts. It's so simple to transform old newspaper, magazine pages, phone pages and junk mail into something totally different and unique. Discover all of the different ways you can make use of your unused paper with this collection of recycled paper crafts!
Fabulous Newspaper Roses
Recycled Paper Butterfly Garland
Recycled Card Mini Gift Boxes
Junkmail Snowflake Lanterns
Pretty Recycled Paper Flowers
Yellow Pages Gift Bow
Junkmail Heart Wreath
- Recycled Party Bunting
Have you ever wondered what happens to your discarded soda pop bottles once you put them in the recycle bin? Wonder no longer with these unique recycled crafts made from plastic! See how you can take matters into your own hands and make use of your plastic waste with these easy DIY ideas. From creative accessories to interesting decorations for outside your home, there are a wide variety of projects to choose from in this collection of recycled craft projects.
Recycled Bottle Loop Earrings
Garden Stakes from Recycled Plastic Bottles
Flower Mobile from Plastic Bottles
Colorful Water Bottle Wreath
Plastic Bottle Flowers for the Front Yard
Recycled Soda Bottle Jewelry
Recycled Shopping Bag Wreath
Fashionable Drinking Straw Bracelets
If you're looking for ways to craft with recycled materials beyond just paper and plastic, consider one of these recycled can craft ideas. Learn how to mold and reshape aluminum cans into interesting homemade decorations, greeting cards, refrigerator magnets and more with these recycled craft tutorials.
Recycled Can Butterfly Mobile
Soda Can Wind Chimes
Aluminum Can Christmas Card
Drink Lid Photo Magnets
- Can Flower Pot
Storage boxes, cereal boxes, even cardboard toilet paper tubes; there is certainly not a lack of material when it comes to making crafts with cardboard. Look around your house for any of these supplies and then follow one of the recycled craft tutorials below to turn your junk into something cute, useful, or maybe just a little bit of both! You'll be amazed by how a boring piece of brown packaging can turn into an amazing wall art display, fun and festive storage containers, or even a journal for you to jot down more recycled craft ideas! Keep reading to discover some of our favorite recycle crafts with cardboard.
Refashioned Cardboard Storage Bins
Toilet Paper Roll Wall Art
Cereal Box Notepads
Pretty Eco-Friendly Napkin Rings
Fabulous Wreath From Toilet Paper Rolls
- Made from Real Cardboard Necklace
It's easy to get hooked on making crafts with recycled materials. There's something addictive about transforming trash into treasure, and we understand that! That's why we've gathered even more fun DIY recycled crafts for you to try your hand at. From milk cartons to candy wrappers to old CDs (yes, those circular things you used to play music on!), there are plenty of old and discarded materials that can be easily transformed into something useful, pretty to look at, and fun to make! Discover what other ways you can craft with recycled materials by checking out the tutorials below.
Sunburst Milk Carton Wreath
Soaring Light Bulb Birds
Cute Candy Wrapper Beads
Foam Tray Flowers
Floral CD Letter Holder
Weave Vases from Milk Cartons
Doubly Green Totes
Recycled Happy Meal Toys Wreath
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar Free eBook
- Fabulous Newspaper Roses
- Soda Can Wind Chimes
- How to Make a Pop Tab Bracelet
- 35 Ways to Craft with Recycled Materials
- Beautiful Upcycled Bulb Stars
- DIY Vintage Jar Collection
- Upcycled Light Bulb Centerpiece
- Recycled Market Tote
- Recycled Bottle Loop Earrings
- 10 Dollar Store Crafts for Christmas
- 11 Easy Halloween Craft Ideas: Halloween Decorations to Make for Your Home
- 7 Easy DIY Christmas Crafts: Make Your Own Ornaments, Wreaths and More!
- 8 Halloween Kids Craft Ideas: Celebrate With These Fun Halloween Activities
- 8 Thanksgiving Crafts for the Home
- 9 Fall Crafts and Fall Decorating Ideas
- 9 Halloween Crafts and Halloween Recipes for Parties
- Creative and Cute Halloween Costumes: 14 Costume Ideas to Make at Home
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Holiday Gift Guide: 18 Handmade Christmas Gifts and Handmade Christmas Cards
- Homemade Christmas Ornaments: 9 Easy Ornament Tutorials
- Santa's Favorite Xmas Crafts for Children: 8 Simple Christmas Crafts for Kids
- The Essential Guide to the Best Holiday Recipes & Crafts: 20 Ideas for a DIY Christmas, Thanksgiving, & Halloween
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Tin Can Wedding Centerpieces
- Unique Wedding Sendoff Birdseed Craft
- Sew Merry and Bright: 21 Easy, Fun, and Festive Patterns
- Beautiful Birdcage Floral Arrangement
- Printable Hand Illustrated Bride and Groom Signs
- Hand Painted Mason Jar Drinking Glasses
- Gorgeous Glittery Mason Jars
- Do You Wanna Build an Olaf? Snowman Sock Tutorial
- Impossibly Cute Pumpkin Bun
- O Christmas Tree Cotton